Now that my data is threatening to overflow my 80 gb HDD, Im looking to build an external RAID based solution to guarentee data safety. I would like it to be accessibleusing both windows and linux - dunno if a solution is available yet.
Some of the interesting links I was reading were:
- Thumb RAID experiment - RAID 0 (4X1GB gives 1GB effective). too much redundancy
- USB HDD experiment on ubuntu -RAID1. Interesting, but is it cross-platform?
- Youtube video - I just didnt get it…
- A finnish dude’s USB raid 5 - very nice… again the question - cross platform? Et tu?
- ZFS - amazing FS. But Solaris only