Well, now that KDE 4.2 has been released, I had to try it out, being on a strict Gnome diet for 2 years now. So I jumped on the bandwagon - and furiously typed “sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop”.
Now that I had all the bling I could ever want on my desktop, it was to time to … work.
Skype, was needed - and so I installed skype from the medibuntu repository. As always, I could hear but could not use the mic.
The solution was almost the same as my previous post:
- In skype options, select “Sound In” as your first hardware device. In my case it was ”HDA Intel (hw:intel:0)” (for others, this could vary)
- Then open kmix, by double clicking the volume icon and then selecting ”mixer”.
- In “Configure channels”, select ”Mic as output”, “Capture 1”, “Capture 2”
- Mute “Mic as output”
- Tick ”Capture 1”. (for others, this could vary)
- make your test call to ”echo123” and enjoy!
- remember to run kbuildsycoca4 to register the application in Kicker/Start Menu